The Too Precious Child was written by Dr. Lynne Williams, Dr. Henry Berman, and Louisa Rose. It has been a mainstay in my tool kit for helping parents with a variety of issues. I consider it to be one of the most important books busy parents in our culture can read, particularly if they are striving for strong parenting skills. If you answer yes to any of these questions, this book is for you.
- As a parent, have you vowed never to let your child lack for anything?
- Did you have your first child at or beyond the age of thirty?
- Were there obstacles to conceiving your child?
- Was your child adopted or premature?
- Does it bother you when your child is bored, messy, or less than an A student?
- Are you a single parent?
- Is your child artistically, athletically, or intellectually gifted?
- Do you always put your children’s needs first? Before your mate’s? Before your own?
It looks like this book is only available through second hand retailers, but is worth the search.